State of metabolic processes and ways to improve them in premenopausal women due to the Life Extension Strategy
Increasing the duration and improving the quality of life of older age groups is a significant problem of modern medicine. Metabolic disorders in the form of diabetes mellitus type II and atherogenic dyslipidemia lead to a significant level of cardiovascular complications. It is known that the appointment of hormone replacement therapy is not able to normalize age-related metabolic disorders. Therefore, the search for new methods of cardiovascular health is extremely important. The aim of the study was to study the state of autonomic nervous regulation, carbohydrate and lipid metabolism in women of perimenopausal age in the process of Xylate-tivortin complex application.
A total of 71 patients (main, group II) were examined, to whom a solution of xylitol with electrolytes (Xylate, Yuri-Pharm) was administered by infusion from the first days of the reduction diet for 5 days. Administration of L-arginine (Tivortin, Yuri-Pharm) was carried out intravenously in 200 ml once a day for a week, and then continued to take the drinking solution for another 3 weeks. All included in the study patients followed a 28-day diet, and also performed a daily set of morning exercises for 3 months. The data obtained in the study were compared with 35 almost healthy women of reproductive age, who were in the I (control) group.
A significant decrease in body mass index in patients of the main group due to the application of the proposed treatment and prevention program was found. At the same time, the Cooperman index declined significantly. Decreased body mass index in patients of the main group was the basis for improved autonomic nervous regulation and metabolic processes. It is the use of Xylate-tivortin complex that has allowed to emphasize the overcoming of insulin resistance, dyslipidemia and chronic inflammation.
The developed 3-month program allowed to significantly of metabolic processes and hemodynamic parameters in transitional aged women. This is the basis for the introduction of Xylate-tivortin complex Life extension in the practice of family physicians, obstetricians and gynecologists and specialists in the field of aesthetic medicine.
Key words: menopause, Xylate-tivortin complex, anti-aging, Life extension.
Lakhno I.V., Kharkiv V. N. Karazin National University
- Paciuc, J. “Hormone Therapy in Menopause.” Adv Exp Med Biol (1242) 2020: 89-120. doi: 10.1007/978-3-030-38474-6_6.
- Glintborg, D., Rubin, K. H., Nybo, M., et al. “Cardiovascular disease in a nationwide population of Danish women with polycystic ovary syndrome” Cardiovasc Diabetol. 7 (2018): 37. doi: 10.1186/s12933-018-0680-5.
- Nair, A. R., Pillai, A. J., Nair, N. Cardiovascular Changes in Menopause. 17 (2020): e230421187681. doi: 10.2174/1573403X16666201106141811.
- Newson, L. “Menopause and cardiovascular disease.” Post Reprod Health (24) 2018: 44-49. doi: 10.1177/2053369117749675.
- El Khoudary, SR. “Age at menopause onset and risk of cardiovascular disease around the world.” Maturitas (141) 2020: 33-38. doi: 10.1016/j.maturitas.2020.06.007.
- El Khoudary, SR. “HDL and the menopause.” Curr Opin Lipidol (28) 2017:328-336. doi: 10.1097/MOL.0000000000000432
- Stuenkel, C. A. “Menopause, hormone therapy and diabetes.” Review Climacteric (20) 2017:11-21. doi: 10.1080/13697137.2016.1267723.
- Hoyer, D., Zebrowski, J., Cysarz, D., et al. “Monitoring fetal maturation-objectives, techniques and indices of autonomic function.” Physiol Meas (38) 2017: 61-88. doi: 10.1088/1361-6579/aa5fca.
- Shufelt, CL, Pacheco, C, Tweet, MS, Miller, VM. “Sex-Specific Physiology and Cardiovascular Disease.” Adv Exp Med Bio. (1065) 2018::433-454. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-77932-4_27.
- Frungieri, MB., Calandra, RS., Bartke, A., Matzkin, ME. “Male and female gonadal ageing: its impact on health span and life span.” Mech Ageing Dev. (197) 2021:111519. doi: 10.1016/j.mad.2021.111519.
- Somani, Y. B., Pawelczyk, J. A., De Souza, M. J., et al. Aging women and their endothelium: probing the relative role of estrogen on vasodilator function Review Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol (317) 2019:H395-H404. doi: 10.1152/ajpheart.00430.2018.
- Berikhanova, R. R., Minenko, I. A., Bondarev, S. A. “Carbohydrate metabolism in women with metabolic syndrome with multimodal non-drug correction of menopausal disorders.” Arch Gerontol Geriatr. (28) 2020:104205. doi: 10.1016/j.archger.2020.104205.
- Geidenstam, N., Al-Majdoub, M., Ekman, M., et al. Metabolite profiling of obese individuals before and after a one year weight loss program Observational Study Int J Obes (Lond). (41) 2017:1369-1378. doi: 10.1038/ijo.2017.124.
- Benahmed A. G., Gasmi A., Arshad M., et al. “Health benefits of xylitol Review Appl Microbiol Biotechnol.” (104) 2020: 7225-7237. doi: 10.1007/s00253-020-10708-7.
- Лахно І. Можливості використання препаратів ксилітолу та L-аргініну у менеджменті менопаузи. Репродуктивне здоров’я жінки. 2021; 2: 64–68. https://doi.org/10.30841/2708-8731.2.2021.232554, Lakhno, I. “Mozhlyvosti vykorystannia preparative xylitolu ta L-argyninu u menedzhmenti menopauzy.” Reproductive health of woman 2 (2021): 64-68. https://doi.org/10.30841/2708-8731.2.2021.232554
- Sari I. K., Utari D. M., Kamoshita S., et al. “Increasing vegetable intake 400 g/day to control body weight and lipid profile in overweight hyperlipidemia menopausal women.“ J Public Health Res (9) 2020:1733. doi: 10.4081/jphr.2020.1733.
- Chalwe, JM., Mukherjee, U., Grobler, C., et al. “Association between hypertension, obesity and dietary intake in post-menopausal women from rural Zambian communities.” Health SA. (26) 2021:1496. doi: 10.4102/hsag.v26i0.1496.
- Biglia, N, Cagnacci, A, Gambacciani, M, et al. “Vasomotor symptoms in menopause: a biomarker of cardiovascular disease risk and other chronic diseases?” Climacteric. (20) 2017 :306-312. doi: 10.1080/13697137.2017.1315089.
- Klawitter, J., Hildreth, K. L., Christians, U., et al. “A relative L‐arginine deficiency contributes to endothelial dysfunction across the stages of the menopausal transition.” Physiological Reports. (5) 2017: e13409.
- Puga, G. M., Novais, I. P., Katsanos, Ch. S., et al. “Combined effects of aerobic exercise and l-arginine ingestion on blood pressure in normotensive postmenopausal women: A crossover study Randomized Controlled Trial” Life Sci. (151) 2016: 323-329. doi: 10.1016/j.lfs.2016.02.091.
- Minkin, MJ. “Menopause: Hormones, Lifestyle, and Optimizing Aging.” Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. (46) 2019:501-514. doi: 10.1016/j.ogc.2019.04.008.
- Rivolta, M.W., Stampalija, T., Frasch, M.G., et al. “Theoretical value of Deceleration Capacity Points to Deceleration Reserve of Fetal Heart Rate.” IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 67 (2020): 1176-1185. doi: 10.1109/TBME.2019.2932808.
- Rangel-Huerta, O. D., Pastor-Villaescusa, B., Gil, A. “Are we close to defining a metabolomic signature of human obesity?” A systematic review of metabolomics studies Metabolomics volume 15, Article number: 93 (2019).
- Kim, C. “Management of Cardiovascular Risk in Perimenopausal Women with Diabetes.” Diabetes Metab J (45) 2021:492-501. doi: 10.4093/dmj.2020.0262.
- Davydova, Yu. V., Limanskaya, A. Yu., Tuday, V. N., Moktrik, A. N.” Klinicheskiy sluchai primeneniya Ksilata v kompleksnoy terapii tyazhelogo rannego toksikoza beremennyh.” Health of Woman (1) 2015:45-48. http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Zdzh_2015_1_10, Давыдова Ю. В., Лиманская А. Ю., Тудай В. Н., Мокрик А. Н. Клинический случай применения Ксилата в комплексной терапии тяжелого раннего токсикоза беременных // Здоровье женщины. – 2015. – № 1. – С. 45-48. – Режим доступу: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Zdzh_2015_1_10