Glucose, 100 mg/ml
- Primary dehydration: diagnostic criterion is increase of plasma sodium concentration. Dehydration results from: non-renewable, excessive water loss (fever, osmotic diuresis, and diarrhoea), water deprivation (“no ingestion” prescription, coma).
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar).
- Infectious diseases, especially those with pronounced asthenic syndrome.
- Cardiac decompensation as a result of sudden decrease of the heart pump function.
- Liver diseases.
- Shock, collapse (sudden drop in blood pressure).
- Dilution of cardiac glycosides and other drugs.