Ozelar® is caffeine citrate, the gold standard of treatment for primary apnea in premature newborns.
In apnea in premature newborns, Ozelar® stimulates the central nervous system (CNS) via several mechanisms:
- stimulation of respiratory centers;
- increased minute ventilation;
- reduced threshold of carbon dioxide level in blood;
- increased response to the carbon dioxide level in blood;
- increased muscle tone;
- reduced diaphragm fatigue;
- increased rate of metabolism;
- increased oxygen consumption.
Treatment of primary apnea in premature newborns.
Solution for infusion and oral use.
One mL in ampoules No.10; 5 ampoules per blister; 2 blisters in a carton.
Method of administration:
May be used in premature newborns.