Cefepime is a broad-spectrum fourth generation β-lactam cephalosporin antibiotic for parenteral use. Has a bactericidal effect. Active against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, including most strains resistant to aminoglycosides or third generation cephalosporin antibiotics. Cefepime inhibits the synthesis of the enzymes of bacterial cell wall.
Infections caused by microflora sensitive to cefepime:
- respiratory tract infections, including pneumonia;
- uncomplicated skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders;
- complicated intra-abdominal infections (in combination with metronidazole);
- uncomplicated and complicated urinary tract infections (including pyelonephritis);
For empiric therapy of patients with neutropenic fever.
For the prevention of postoperative complications in intra-abdominal surgery.
- urinary tract infections, including pyelonephritis;
- skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders;
- bacterial meningitis;
- for empiric therapy of patients with neutropenic fever.
Posology and method of administration.
The medicinal product is intended for parenteral use. The individual dose should be selected by the doctor, depending on the severity of the disease, age of the patient, localization of the infection, and renal function. The usual dosage for adults and children weighing more than 40 kg is 1 g i/v or i/m every 12 hours. The standard duration of treatment is 7 to 10 days. Severe infections may require prolonged treatment.
To be used in children aged 1 month and older.
Vial with powder. One or 10 vials per box.